1. ‘South-East wants political solution to Kanu’s case,’ Ohanaeze tells Buhari
The President-General of Ohanaeze Ndigbo, Prof. George Obiozor, said on Thursday the people of South-East preferred a political solution to the travails of the leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB), Nnamdi Kanu.
2. 2023: I will fight corruption to a standstill as Nigeria’s President – Umahi
The Ebonyi State Governor, David Umahi, said on Thursday he would fight corruption to a standstill if elected as Nigeria’s President next year.
3. Nigeria intimidating Benin Republic to detain Igboho – Gani Adams
The Aare Onakakanfo of Yorubaland, Gani Adams, on Thursday accused the Federal Government of intimidating the Benin Republic to put Yoruba Nation agitator, Sunday Adeyemo aka Sunday Igboho, in prison without trial.
4. With 41m members, APC now largest political party in Africa —Buni
Chairman, Caretaker Committee of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Governor Mai Mala Buni of Yobe State, has boasted that the ruling party is now the largest political party in the whole of Africa after its recent membership registration and revalidation exercise recorded 41 million registered members across the country.
5. Ganduje’s APC faction loses again as court dismisses application
The All Progressives Congress (APC) faction loyal to Kano State Governor, Abdullahi Ganduje, has, once again, lost to the faction led by former Governor, Senator Ibrahim Shekarau, as a High Court in Abuja struck out its application for a stay of execution.
6. Oby Ezekwesili to head Soludo’s transition team
Anambra State governor-elect, Prof. Charles Soludo, has appointed former Minister of Education, Oby Ezekwesili, as the head of the transition team that will see to the smooth inauguration of his new administration.
7. Restructuring not my immediate concern —Kalu
The Chief Whip of the Senate, Orji Uzor Kalu has responded to growing calls for a comprehensive restructure of the polity by clarifying that amendments have to be effected regarding such mandate.
8. SERAP files court action against Buhari despite suspension of Twitter ban
As excitement continues to spread among Nigerians and corporate entities over the lifting of the Twitter ban, the Socio-Economic Rights and Accountability Project, SERAP, has noted that the ban was a travesty in the first place.
9. Buhari economic team member, Rewane, predicts drop in Nigeria’s external reserves to $39bn
The chief executive officer of Financial Derivatives Company, Bismarck Rewane, on Thursday predicted that Nigeria’s external reserves would drop to $39 billion before the end of this year.
10. Super Eagles will beat Sudan 2-0 if… —Aghahowa
Former Nigeria international, Julius Aghahowa has predicted the outcome of Super Eagles versus Sudan group match at the ongoing Africa Cup of Nations (AFCON).