These top 10 stories across the nation’s newspapers might interest you.
1. Senate confirms Buhari’s ministerial nominees
Senators on Wednesday confirmed the seven ministerial nominees forwarded to the upper legislative chamber by President Muhammadu Buhari last week.
2. 2023: Fayose abandons Atiku, demands power shift to South
The former Ekiti State governor, Ayodele Fayose, reaffirmed his commitment to power shift to Southern Nigeria in 2023. Read more
3. APC hit with another defection as ex-Gov Shekarau moves to NNPP
The ranks of the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) has been hit with a string of defections of high-profile politicians with the latest being the former Governor of Kano State and Senator representing Kano Central Senatorial district, Ibrahim Shekarau.
4. In solidarity, Senate announces visit to Ekweremadu in UK over organ harvest accusations
Following Senator Ike Ekweremadu’s detention in London for alleged organ harvesting, the Senate intends to send a delegation to pay a visit to the former Deputy President of the Senate.
5. Court to rule on suit seeking Oyetola’s disqualification from Osun governorship poll July 14
Justice Inyang Ekwo of the Federal High Court, Abuja, on Wednesday fixed July 14 for ruling in a suit seeking the disqualification of Osun State Governor, Adegboyega Oyetola, from the July 16 governorship election in the state.
6. Nigeria’s capital market in marginal loss as Mutual Benefit tops trading
The Nigerian capital market recorded a marginal loss of N1billion at the close of trading on Wednesday.
7. Ijaw leaders resist sale of marginal oil fields, as Nigerian govt names winners
Ijaw leaders have urged the Minister of Petroleum Resources to respect a substituting order of a Federal High Court sitting in Bayelsa State, on the ongoing marginal oilfields licensing rounds.
8. Military claims troops killed bandits in Kaduna, Plateau operations
The Defence Headquarters claimed on Wednesday troops of Operation Safe Haven have cleared suspected bandits and kidnappers’ hideouts in Plateau and Kaduna States.
9. Police launches manhunt for suspects in Enugu killing
The Enugu State Police Command has launched a manhunt for those involved in the alleged killing of two persons in the state.
10.OFFICIAL: Chelsea’s Lukaku completes loan move to Inter Milan
Chelsea forward, Romelu Lukaku has completed a move to spend the coming season on loan at Serie A club, Inter Milan.