- Six years ago Valdir Segato was warned injections meant he severe nerve damage and risked amputation
- But he has continued using the dangerous oil injections to boost his hulking muscle mass
- According to local media, he died after after being taken to hospital complaining about shortness of breath
- The synthol concoction often uses sesame oil, along with painkillers and alcohol, as a steroid alternative
- But it doesn’t improve strength, and experts say it can cause lethal strokes, blocking of arteries and infections
A Brazilian bodybuilder and TikTok star who gained 1.6 million followers by injecting himself with life-threatening oil to create 23-inch biceps has died on his 55th birthday in Ribeirao Preto.
Valdir Segato had been using synthol injections for years despite risking strokes and infections to produce hulking biceps, pectorals and back muscles.
Segato, originally from Sao Paulo, previously said he was inspired by the physiques of Arnold Schwarzenegger and fictional characters like The Hulk, and spoke of how he was proud to be known on the streets as ‘the monster’.
Six years ago he was warned he faced amputation, or at the very least nerve damage and muscle disfigurement, if he continued to use the injections to bulk himself out. But Segato, previously a construction worker, said he liked the attention it brought – and wanted to get even bigger…