Optical illusion video shows woman ‘flying’ a car through the clouds

Optical illusion video shows woman ‘flying’ a car through the clouds

A woman has gone viral after sharing an optical illusion video that appears to show her behind the wheel of a flying car that is soaring through the clouds – prompting many to compare it to a scene from Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets.  

In the clip, Hannah Colby, 22, from San Diego, California, can be seen sitting in her Jeep, ‘driving’ through white clouds ‘on a highway in the sky’, with one of her hands hanging out the window.

Although it appears as if the car is among the clouds, it’s actually not – though both the vehicle and background is real, having been shot at the top of Mount Haleakala, Maui, Hawaii on February 20. 

They believe she can fly! A woman has gone viral after posting an optical illusion video that appears to show her behind the wheel of a flying car

They believe she can fly! A woman has gone viral after posting an optical illusion video that appears to show her behind the wheel of a flying car  

Up in the air: Hannah Colby, 22, from California, captured the viral clip while traveling in Hawaii

Up in the air: Hannah Colby, 22, from California, captured the viral clip while traveling in Hawaii

Stunned: Her video wowed TikTok users, who were quick to comment how similar the clip is to a scene from Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets in which characters drive a flying car

Stunned: Her video wowed TikTok users, who were quick to comment how similar the clip is to a scene from Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets in which characters drive a flying car

The optical illusion has left social media users stunned, racking up 7.1 million views on TikTok so far. 

‘Why did I think the car was flying,’ wrote one person.

‘I was highly confused. Thought we were in Harry Potter or something,’ wrote someone else.

‘So this isn’t the flying car from Harry Potter, gotcha,’ added a third person.

Someone else wrote: ‘So it wasn’t just me when I thought of Harry Potter.’

Hannah had spent the day driving around the picturesque island of Maui, hiking and swimming with her two friends and coworkers, Dominique Aghassi and Jason Genesira, before the incredible footage was captured.

‘It definitely looks like the car is flying!’ the waitress told Jam Press.

‘I know that many people were disappointed by the end of the video to see that we were actually on a road and not flying after all.

Spot the difference! In the second Harry Potter movie, Harry and Ron Weasley drive a flying car back to their school, Hogwarts

Spot the difference! In the second Harry Potter movie, Harry and Ron…

Read the full article at www.dailymail.co.uk

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *