How to Fall Asleep Fast

How to Fall Asleep Fast

(CNN) —  

This article is a part of CNN Underscored’s Guide to Sleep, a week-long focus on the best sleep-related products. We’ll be featuring new products and guides all week, so check in every morning to see what’s new and keep your eyes peeled for exclusive deals.

Even the best sleepers are struggling right now, and it’s not surprising. There’s a lot of unrest and stress in the world, including a global pandemic. In these times, it’s so easy to turn to a glass of wine to unwind, but does it help or make things worse?

“I think in general, a lot of people are in this state of fight or flight,” New York City-based Joshua Tal, a sleep and health psychologist, told us. “There’s a sense of hopelessness, feeling jaded, I think. In general, there’s a lot of restlessness.”

Clearly, if you’re having trouble getting to sleep, you’re not alone. Tal offers his advice, along with a few products that can help you deal with any sort of restlessness.

If you’re struggling to fall asleep, an assessment of your sleeping hygiene is a good start, Tal says.

“A good assessment to understand what your issues are can go such a long way for the treatment,” he says. “Take a minute to really think about what’s going on and think, for example, about the different areas of sleep hygiene. Like, ‘Am I really that comfortable in my bed?’”

Particularly with mattresses, sleeping on a bad one can seriously harm your quality of sleep, as well as your spine alignment, which can then cause bad back.

Wayfair Sleep 8″ Medium Memory Foam Mattress

This top-rated mattress on Wayfair has a patented pressure relief system that has multiple layers of foam for your most restful sleep. It has than 15,000 5-star reviews alone, making it one of the most best-reviewed mattresses we have found.

Read the full article at rss.cnn.com

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *