I Won’t Allow PDP Leaders Corrupt Our Judicial System Like Before —Makinde

I Won’t Allow PDP Leaders Corrupt Our Judicial System Like Before —Makinde

[ad_1]

The only governor of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in the South-West and Oyo State governor, Seyi Makinde, on Thursday said he would not allow the National Working Committee (NWC) of the PDP to bribe the judiciary as they used to do.

Makinde asked the PDP NWC to warn the National Legal Adviser of the party to ensure rancour-free zonal congresses in the South-West.

Governor Makinde, who stated this while briefing newsmen at the Government House, Agodi, Ibadan, said the South-West zone of the party was ready for its zonal congresses, adding that party leaders in the zone were already working towards having a united front.

He said it was unthinkable to see a PDP as the plaintiff and the defendant in a case deliberately filed to truncate the peace of the party.

The governor said: “I specifically put on notice that the National Legal Adviser of PDP has not done well. When the issue of the party structure in Lagos came up, I met him personally and advised him that, look, we have alternative dispute resolution mechanisms in this country, especially when it’s an internal affair of the PDP.

“And he said, no, we are going to defeat them in court, but I was of the opinion that if we defeat them in court, what exactly are you going to get out of it? Now, he has started the same antics with the South-West zonal congress. How can you file a case and then instruct legal representation for the plaintiff and the defendants? I don’t think that is acceptable. So, we expect the National Working Committee of the party to deal with that decisively.

“I came here to brief you, first, on the meeting of the South-West caucus of the PDP that was held here two days ago and also to discuss briefly the happenings within the PDP National Working Committee as it relates to upcoming South-West zonal congress of the party.”

Speaking on the Zonal

Caucus meeting held in Ibadan on Tuesday, Governor Makinde said the meeting resolved to ensure peace within its fold. 

“At the meeting, we reaffirmed the zoning arrangement for the positions of the South-West zonal executives, and also each state, by now, has been able to put together a unity list, which we intend to take to the congress proper. 

“But yesterday, I heard of disturbing news that our National Working Committee is planning to postpone the South-West zonal congress because some people went to court to complain about the location for the conduction of the congress.

“There are three things that are coming out…

[ad_2]

Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *