Critics’ Choice Awards 2021: British winners are revealed

Critics’ Choice Awards 2021: British winners are revealed

The Critics’ Choice Awards 2021 kicked off in style on Sunday night, and British actors triumphed at the prestigious event.

Emma Corrin, 25, and Josh O’Connor, 30, led the Brits by winning once again after last week’s Golden Globes success, she won the Best Actress in a Drama Series award and he earned the prize for Best Actor in a Drama.

Daniel Kaluuya, 32, also came out on top as he was given the Best Supporting Actor gong for his turn as Chairman Fred Hampton in Judas And The Black Messiah.

Critics' Choice Awards 2021: The Crown's Emma Corrin and Josh O'Connor won top acting accolades AGAIN as they led British stars triumphing at prestigious event on Sunday

Critics’ Choice Awards 2021: The Crown’s Emma Corrin and Josh O’Connor won top acting accolades AGAIN as they led British stars triumphing at prestigious event on Sunday

Despite his success, Josh did not make an appearance during the ceremony so Tony Hale said: ‘Congratulations, Josh couldn’t be here tonight so we will be accepting it on his behalf.’

Emma beat Olivia Colman to the prize for her portrayal of the late Princess Diana in The Crown’s fourth season.  

Looking giddy with joy, she gushed: ‘Thank you so much, thank you so much to all the critics who voted. This is mental, it’s also 2AM here so sorry if I don’t make much sense.

‘But, thank you so much, what an incredible collection of women to be nominated with. Thank you for all your talent and all the stories.’ 

Success: Josh earned the prize for Best Actor in a Drama, but despite his success he did not make an appearance during the ceremony

Success: Josh earned the prize for Best Actor in a Drama, but despite his success he did not make an appearance during the ceremony

Congratulations! Daniel Kaluuya , 32, also came out on top as he was given the Best Supporting Actor gong for his turn as Chairman Fred Hampton in Judas And The Black Messiah

Congratulations! Daniel Kaluuya , 32, also came out on top as he was given the Best Supporting Actor gong for his turn as Chairman Fred Hampton in Judas And The Black Messiah

Emma went on: ‘Thank you so much to Netflix and my incredible family on The Crown and at Left Bank… Thank you for letting me play or Diana.

‘It’s been the biggest joy. Thank you to all the cast and crew who worked on the series with me.’ 

‘Going into work everyday was the best gift, i wish i could do it everyday. I miss you a lot and hope you’re celebrating. Thank you all!’

Amusing: Looking giddy with joy, she gushed: 'Thank you so much, thank you so much to all the critics who voted. This is mental, it's also 2AM here so sorry if I don't make much sense'

Read the full article at www.dailymail.co.uk

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *