Fanfare as Enugu community celebrates Uyo Afa festival

Fanfare as Enugu community celebrates Uyo Afa festival

By Ikechukwu Odu

It was celebration galore at Olido Autonomous  Community in Igbo-Eze North Local Government Area of Enugu State as the monarch, HRH, Igwe Augustine Agashi celebrated Uyo Afa festival for his subjects.

The event which was attended by all the rank and file in the community and beyond, including traditional rulers from other villages, equally witnessed the conferment of chieftaincy and Nze titles on the illustrous sons of Olido who have contributed human and material resources for the development of the community.

between content ad –>

Addressing the elated audience consisting of indigeneous people, friends and well wishers, the visibly happy monarch, HRH, Igwe Agashi (Onyemaechi 1 of Olido Autonomous Community), extolled the harmonious working relationship between him, the arms of government in the community, and his subjects at large, which he said has helped his cabinet in attaining a lot of laudable development projects for the people.

The address which was read by the Cabinet Secretary, Nze Eya Ezike Adogo on behalf of the monarch also read in part: “The first thing that gives me joy on my seat as the traditional ruler of Olido Autonomous Community is the co-operation I am enjoying from my subjects.

The good understanding existing among the arms of governance in the community namely: Oha Olido in Council, the Olido Abroad Union, the town union and the Neighbourhood Watch. I thank all the leaders of the groups especially the Onyishi Olido, Agu Shaibu Eze Nwaossai, who incidentally is the Agu of Ezike Orba.

“The harmonious work of the aforementioned bodies enhanced the performance of my cabinet, thus culminating in a lot of achievements.

“On security, the organs concerned hold regular meetings here in my palace to proffer solutions to security challenges. The town union president and his group are always in close touch for supporting and implementation of development projects,” he said.

The monarch while thanking Governor Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi for bringing…

Read the full article at www.vanguardngr.com

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *