Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang aims one final dig at Mikel Arteta in Barcelona unveiling Interview

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang aims one final dig at Mikel Arteta in Barcelona unveiling Interview

Sportbible

Aubameyang was club captain until being stripped of the armband in December and he’d never play for the Gunners again.

During his first interview as a Barcelona player, the forward took aim at Arteta’s treatment in those final months.

“My last few months at Arsenal were complicated, that’s football sometimes,” he said.

“For my part, I never wanted to do anything wrong. My problem was only with Arteta. I can’t say much more, I wasn’t happy.

“They were complicated months and I think that this is football sometimes. If I have to say something on this subject I say that I have never wanted to do something wrong.

“This is in the past and I want to think about the present. I haven’t played for a long time, but everything is very clear in my head. I’m ready to play and help. I know we’re going to return to the top little by little.”

Aubameyang played a key role in Arsenal’s FA Cup triumph in 2020, Arteta’s first trophy as a manager.

Arteta has frozen a number of key players out at Arsenal in his two-year reign as manager.

Matteo Guendouzi has been frozen out and sent on two different loan spells, while Mesut Ozil was left out of the club’s Premier League and Europa League squads before…

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *