Bandit Kingpin Bello Turji dares Nigeria’s defence chief to enlist popular cleric to join fight, confirms imposing N50 million levy on Zamfara community

Bandit Kingpin Bello Turji dares Nigeria’s defence chief to enlist popular cleric to join fight, confirms imposing N50 million levy on Zamfara community

SAHARA REPORTERS

Notorious bandit leader Bello Turji has challenged Nigeria’s Chief of Defence Staff, General Christopher Gwabin Musa, to enlist a Sokoto-based Islamic cleric, Murtala Asada, to confront his armed group on the battlefield.

In a video obtained by Sahara Reporters, Turji directly called on the cleric to face his men on the battlefield, further intensifying tensions in the region.

The bandit leader, whose terror group has been responsible for numerous attacks across northern Nigeria, specifically referenced Asada’s role, challenging him to take a stand beyond religious preaching and engage directly in combat.

In the video, the bandit kingpin also responded to a post by security analyst Bulama Bukarti, addressing accusations that he imposed N30 million levy on the residents of Moriki town in Zamfara State.

He said, “My name is Bello Turji. I greet all the good Muslims of the world, and I thank God that we are among them. I greet my people from Zamfara, Sokoto, Katsina, Niger, Kaduna, and Kebbi states. I thank God that we remain in good spirits with you all.

“My people, this is what I have been saying, and I will continue to say it, whether they like it or not. To those who disagree with our words, I urge patience. We tell the haters to be more patient, you slaves of the West.

“I heard of someone named Bulama Bukarti, who made statements alleging that Bello Turji imposed taxes on the people of Moriki. By God’s will, all that he said is true. However, he mentioned only one reason—that they chased our cattle. That’s not the full story. Call whoever told you this, and speak to my people for a proper conversation. Then, you can judge fairly.

“Why would you allow your people to tell you a one-sided story and rush to tell the public? You are a slave of the West, and you, along with Bello, should know that the tax we imposed on Moriki people is N50 million.

“You speak about the people of Moriki, but you didn’t mention how they killed our cattle. Listen carefully, people of Moriki: I am warning you. They didn’t deploy soldiers from Enugu or Port Harcourt to kill our people just to make you happy while the West’s slaves published it to the public.

“Tell us what our cattle did in June and July when they were killed. They didn’t invade anyone’s home. They were grazing when they were shot and killed in broad daylight.

“Yet Bukarti hasn’t spoken about that. Instead, he criticizes us for our actions.”

Turji alleged that Bulama Bukarti spoke with one Danchikafa, who told him about someone having their intestines pulled out in front of him. Since then, Bukarti has said nothing about it.

He said, “If you are not an enemy of God, like people such as him and those who call themselves Islamic clerics, then tell us where in the Holy Quran it forbids eating donkey meat.

“I saw one of your sermons where you admitted to eating donkey meat, yet you call yourself a Muslim and tell the public that you did so.

“We are praying day and night for people like you to meet your end, and those with you too.”

Reacting to Murtala Asada comment, Turji said, “I am calling on our leader, General Christopher Musa, with a strong voice: give Murtala Asada a weapon, even if it’s just a local vigilante weapon, and let him come confront us.

“Let him come and face us. And look at the former Minister, Sheikh Isa Pantami—I have a video of him saying people in the government were unbelievers. But after they appointed him as Minister, when did you last hear from him? This shows he compromised all his beliefs and teachings,” he said.

Turji, in a previous video, alleged that the issue of insecurity plaguing the country had the full backing of the immediate past governor of Zamfara State and current Minister of State for Defence.

He said he had evidence to support this claim, alleging that the past government, under Matawalle was well-known to everyone in the region.

Speaking in Hausa, he said, “My name is Muhammed Bello Turji, and I am releasing this video to reach all Nigerians, from the leaders to the poor. This is the message I want to convey to everyone.

“The issue of insecurity plaguing our country has the full backing of the immediate past Government of Zamfara State. I have evidence to support this claim. The past government, under His Excellency Bello Matawallen Maradun (State Minister of Defence), is well-known to everyone in the region.

“This government has been complicit in backing terrorism. There are individuals from Shinkafi, Zurmi, and Issah who cannot deny this video.

“Many Nigerians, for example those in Bauchi or Kaduna, may not be aware of the problems in Zamfara. However, I want to assure the federal government that if they are unaware, I will provide names, details, and evidence. I urge them to investigate the past actions of these individuals and their discussions with them. As a citizen of this zone, (North West) I swear before God that I speak the truth.

“The past Government of Zamfara, under Matawalle, facilitated negotiations but also sabotaged efforts. There were multiple negotiations, but the dialogue did not succeed because everyone in Shinkafi and Isah knows the truth. The late Dillu, for example, was chased away by me because he refused to allow peace to reign in Shinkafi. They possessed more than 200 rifles, and Matawalle invited them to the government house. If I am lying, there are still in people in the government house that can explain this.”

Matawalle has denied the allegations.

THIS ARTICLE ORIGINALLY APPEARED IN SAHARA REPORTERS

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *